When you next visit your orthodontist, you will find somethings a little different. New ways to look after you and the dental team have been introduced during Covid-19 and here are a few things you can expect to happen.
- You will be sent a pre-screening questionnaire to complete online or someone from the practice will call you to answer some questions.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the practice (please contact us if you have any reasons why you need to attend with your child) All parents/guardians/carers are requested stay in their cars or wait outside the premises.
- Upon arrival the patient’s temperature will be taken. Patients with temperatures above 37.8˚C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this makes the readings inaccurate.
- Patients will be asked to clean their hands for 20 seconds upon entering the practice and wear a face mask. (We encourage all patients to bring their own masks, but if you don’t have one we will provide it for you).
- You must maintain social distancing whilst in the waiting areas. The waiting area will not have magazines, toys or games as these are difficult to disinfect.
- We will send a treatment update with your child and feel free to request a call to discuss the appointment with the treating clinician.
- Any appointments that can be conducted virtually will continue to be performed virtually to reduce the risk of exposure.
- We will not make appointments on the day. Please contact us to book your follow up appointment.
- We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce any waiting times and the traffic of people in the practice.
Due to these guidelines, we will be seeing fewer patients per day so please be patient with us. We have a back-log of patients to see and will try to prioritise those in most need. The reception staff may be wearing protective equipment such as a mask and visor. Cross infection control remains a major priority. PPE and enhanced decontamination measures take longer so please be understanding.
Your orthodontist will be wearing additional protective equipment that may include a mask, visor and gown. But don’t worry; it’s just to keep everyone safe. After you have finished your appointment, kindly leave the practice so we can prepare for the next patient and you need to call or email us to book your follow up appointment.
Please be patient with your orthodontic team. Covid-19 is requiring us to change the way we work and treat our patients.Download Information Leaflet
Thanks for helping us to keep everyone safe.
The Malmin Orthodontic Team
Tips to help manage dental problems until you can see a dentist.View PDF